Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cards, Albums and More

Well, it's been a little TOO long since I've updated this blog. But as some of you know, my 2 year old daughter has been dealing with some medical issues and blogging hasn't been at the top of my list of priorities. But, I have been stamping lots to relieve stress, and have made a few REALLY fun projects.

First... my Grandmother turned 95 (YES! 95!) on Tuesday. My Dad is currently in the Czech Republic with her so I made her a birthday gift and card. The gift was completely handmade photo album, filled with pictures of her great granddaughter. I still love my One of a Kind stamp set and coordinating Boho Blossoms punch so I used that as well as Rose Red cardstock and Bali Breeze Designer Paper to complete the project. How did I create the inside pockets of the album where the photos go? I used clear envelopes! I punched two holes in the envelope flaps that would ordinarily fold over and voila! Photo album pockets :) Here's a picture of the finished product - I was rather pleased if I do say so myself!


I then made a (somewhat) matching pocket card. Still lots of work, still TOTALLY worth the effort :)



Finally, it was my Dad's Birthday on May 15th. Yes, lots of Birthdays and Anniversaries this month! I made him a pocket card as well, but more importantly, I was excited to use this stamp from the Level 3 Hostess Set, Older and Wiser. It reads "Your childhood dream has come true" "You're finally older". I just loved this and new my Dad wouldn't be insulted ;) Here's the card I made for him! I stamped the "You're finally older" on the Old Olive Cardstock, the Whisper White cardstock has to be lifted to see it.

I'll try updating more often in the near future... thanks for reading :D

No comments: