Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Stamp Sets, from Elegant to Fun!

I got a couple of new stamp sets from the new cattie. I've been busy, so I haven't had time to play with more than two of them - but the two I did play with I LOVE! These are two very different stamp sets... Fifth Avenue Floral - a classy, elegant, simple stamp set. The second is Man's Best Friend. I love dogs and I got this stamp set for myself really... what more can I say? It's just too darned cute, lol!

When I first saw the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set in the new cattie, I loved it, but it thought, WOW - that would be a lot of colouring in! But then I saw some samples on Splitcoaststampers and I realized the flowers are so big, elegant, and just gorgeous - I could just layer them maybe colouring in only one, or even none! In the card below, I did color in the big rose, but mainly because I also finally jumped onto the Watercolor Wonder Crayon bandwagon and they arrived with my new stamps. So I HAD to try them out (I LOVE LOVE LOVE them, btw). I have created cards with this set where I coloured in no flowers, and some where I coloured in all of them, and they all look great (well, in my opinion...). I of course had to splurge on the new Eyelet Border Punch, which is also used in this card ;)

The recipe for this card includes:
Stamp Sets: Fifth Avenue Floral (new), Warm Words
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Taken with Teal, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip,Taken with Teal, Versamark
Accessories: Chocolate Chip 1" Double Stitched Ribbon, Black EB, Eyelet Border Punch, Wide Oval Punch, AquaPainter, Watercolor Wonder Crayons (Regal Rose), Heat Tool

And this is my 'fun' set that I got for myself - Man's Best Friend. A day after I got it I put it to good use, making a 1st Birthday Card for a good friend's daughter. She loves our little dog (or more like she's fascinated with her) so I thought it was fitting. I made a border with the paper piercer on the pink layer, I thought it looked too plain without it. It's a simple card, but sometimes simple is better :) I think this set is so cute, you don't have to do too much with it to make a great card.

My recipe for this card includes:
Stamp Sets: Man's Best Friend, Family Phrases
Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Ridinghood Red, VersaMark
Accessories: Silver EB, Heat Tool, 1/4" Chocolate Chip Polytwill Ribbon (retired), Wide Oval Punch, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack

Hope you like my latest creations! Keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just ordered this new set Man's Best Friend so had been looking of card ideas! Your's is adorable. TFS
Diane