Friday, June 26, 2009

3D Cards! Combining some old with some new...

This month, Stampin' Up!'s demonstrator magazine had a few pages dedicated to 3D cards. Well, after seeing this 3D pop-up card I knew I had to make one! Luckily, my Father-in-Law's birthday was yesterday so I made one for him. This type of card is great for pop-out elements such as the scallop Happy Birthday. You could do many more pop-out elements but it was my first time doing it and I didn't want to over do it!

Seeing that we're going to be switching catties in a few short days, I combined some old with some new, including my favorite DSP from the last cattie - Parisian Breeze - and my favorite new In Color - Rich Razzleberry. The cardstock that makes up the main part of the card is Soft Suede - also a new In Color. I wanted to include a space to write a little something so I used the Big Shot to make an enevelope into which a small greeting card can be placed. So I guess it's a card within a card ;) To tie it all together (and keep it together) I made a belly band using Baja Breeze (my fave old In Color) textured cardstock and the new polka dot Rich Razzleberry ribbon. As an aside, I LOVE the new In Color ribbons! You can either use the polka dot side OR the plain underside. I used sticky strip in a few spots where I thought the card may need a bit of extra holding power. Take a peek and let me know what you think :)


The card recipe for my 3D card includes:
Stamp Sets: Crazy for Cupcakes, Teeny Tiny Wishes, So Many Scallops (retired)
Cardstock:Soft Suede , Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze Textured Cardstock, Whisper White, Parisian Breeze
Ink: Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, VersaMark
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, VersaMarker, Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder, Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Big Shot, Scallop Envelope Die, Rich Razzleberry Ribbon, Stampin Dimensionals, Sticky Strip

No comments: