Saturday, July 11, 2009

Razzleberry Butterfly

Well, I'm loving this Razzleberry Lemonade DSP. It looks a little crazy in the catalog and I really hesitated purchasing it during our demo preorder. But I took the plunge and I'm SO glad I did!
It is SO much fun, great colours, great patterns and actually rather versatile! In my second last order I also got the Big Shot Beautiful Butterflies die and thought this DSP would be perfect for it! I played a bit and this is what I came up with.

The card recipe for my Razzle Butterfly card includes:
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo (textured), Razzleberry Lemonade DSP
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Modern Label Punch, Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Big Shot, Bigz Beautiful Butterflies Die, Bigz Top Note Die, Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Button Latte, Glue Dots, Silver Brads

I couldn't stop at just one butterfly though, and wanted to use a flower from my Pretties Kit as well as play with brayering. I brayered Crushed Curry on glossy cardstock, then brayered Rich Razzleberry overtop, without completely covering the Crushed Curry. I then wiped it down with a baby wipe, to remove excess ink and blend it all. In the end, I came up with this Pretties Butterfly card.

The card recipe for my Pretties Butterfly card includes:
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry (textured), Crushed Curry, Glossy Cardstock, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, Basic Black
Accessories: Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies Die, Pretties Kit, Crushed Curry Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Glue Dots, Silver Brads, Brayer Eyelet Border Punch, Crystal Effects

These new In Colors are just so bright and so much fun and this DSP just incorporates it all! So go for it, take the plunge with this crazy DSP!
Keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: