Monday, August 3, 2009

Mojo Monday Week 98 - On a Monday!

Yes, I've managed to get this up on a Monday this week. But only because we have a holiday here today, hubby is home to deal with kiddo #1 and kiddo #2 took a good 3.5 hour nap! I really liked this week's sketch and will likely use it again. Though I did tweak it a bit, rotating the square mat diagonally and adding a sentiment. I need sentiments on my cards, lol! But I think it finishes off the empty space at the top of the card nicely.

For this week's card I also wanted to practice my watercoloring and blending a bit more. I finally broke out the Stazon as well - much much better for watercoloring than Basic Black ink. Doesn't run - at all! For the turtle's shell I started with Creamy Caramel and then blended in Chocolate Chip. I did two layers of Old Olive in the turtle's spots. I used watercolor paper and Watercolor Wonder Crayons and really like the way my turtle turned out. The scalloped circle looked a wee bit bland so I practiced some sponging around its edges. I haven't done this much, but really like the effect so will practice this technique more in the future. I used just plain ol' paint sponges for my sponging, though I do plan on investing in some 'real' Stampin' Sponges in the near future!


The card recipe for my Mojo Monday card this week is
Stamps: Older and Wiser (retired), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card stock: Chocolate Chip, Watercolor Paper, Walk in the Park DSP (retired)
Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, Close to Cocoa, VersaMark
Accessories: Heat Tool, Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, Earth Elements Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Modern Label Punch, Big Shot, Scallop Circle #2, Sponges

If you need to get your creative juices going... try out a sketch challenge! And keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: