Monday, January 4, 2010

The delinquent blogger... a late Christmas Card...

Well Happy New Year! It's January 4th and of course I didn't get around to posting my second Stamper's Group card 'til now :p Christmas was busy busy busy and I didn't get all that much time on the computer! But I'm back. Tomorrow we're starting Sale-a-Bration 2010 and a whole new AWESOME Mini Catalog but 'til then I'll post our second group card!

We did emboss resist and layered brayer techniques. We also used my very special "Happy Christmas, Mate!" stamp set which my sister in law sent me from Australia. It's a Stampin' Up! set, but only available over there. I fell in love with it when I looked through their cattie and luckily I have an Aussie connection ;)

For my Surfin' Santa card, we embossed in white on Whisper White cardstock. Then we brayered over him in four colors: Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise and Brilliant Blue. To do the layers, we used a mask which was simply paper torn into a wavy pattern. We then brayered the light colors in layers and layered over top of the lighter color in darker coordinating color. For more information on layered brayering, see Michelle Zindorf's Blog, she's the brayer queen! I won't even attempt to explain it since she can do a much better job of it ;)

The card recipe for this card is:

Stamp Set: Happy Christmas, Mate!
Card Stock: Kraft, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Tempting Turquose, Brilliant Blue
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, White Taffeta Ribbon, Horizontal Slot Punch

I'll be back tomorrow (promise!) with info on our new Occasions Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration.

Keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: