Monday, June 21, 2010

Hostess Appreciation Part 2 & Another Sneak Peak

For my Hostess Appreciation Party last week I wanted to give all my hostesses something special. Getting inspiration from our Stampin' Girls Convention I made all of them one of a kind customized notepads. They were demo'd by a sideline, Jenn Nusbaum, and when I saw them I just knew I'd have to do them for my hostesses. I'll have a tutorial on that coming soon! But better yet, I used our new Level 1 Hostess Set Because I Care (from the 2010/2011 IB&C) to make 6 similar but different cards. I'll be honest, when I first saw this set I wasn't sure. Actually, who am I kidding. I did not like it. At all. But then I saw some samples. And then I CASEd one of my sideline's cards and I made the card in this post. And I fell in love ;)


To make my cards I just pulled out 6 different pre-cut cards I had used in stamp-a-stacks earlier in the year. I didn't want to have to colour the big bloom on all the cards in because, well, I was making 14 cards! So I decided to spot colour them, a technique where you colour just selected parts of the image. And you know what? It turned out so well! Add a little glitter into the middle of the bud and voila - gorgeous cards that are all the same, but just a little different! I'm definitely going to do this again and challenge you to do so as well! Make 2, 4, 6, or more similar but different cards! It's a great way to get those creative juices flowing AND make a bunch of cards ;) And if you leave them without a greeting, you can customize them as occasions come along!


Did you know that to earn this stamp set all you have to do is host a workshop with sales of only $200? It's a Level 1 Hostess Set! You could also simply act as your own hostess, place an order online of $200 or more and earn it! What an easy way to earn a gorgeous stamp set FREE! I'm booking August and September so contact me today to book your stampin' party.


Finally, a party isn't a party without some awesome food! We had champagne to start the evening off. Then we had some Chocolate Peanut Butter Mounds, Deluxe Brownie Tarts, Chocolate Covered Gummi Bears (yuuuummmm!) and some fresh fruit. But the best treat I had for my hostesses were gourmet cupcakes made by a local mompreneur, My Little Cupcakes. All I can say is yum yum yum yum yum! Even though I shouldn't indulge in them (my little guy has a severe milk allergy and I'm nursing him so that means no dairy for me - boooo!) I just couldn't resist! All cupcakes I've had from My Little Cupcakes are delish, but the chocolate icing is just to die for! Don't tell me this picture doesn't make you want to reach through the screen and grab a cupcake (or maybe all of them?) LOL!


I hope that this post has inspired you to try to make several but different cards and keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!






Love these projects? Click here to shop Stampin' Up! with me 24/7! (Canada only)

No comments: