Saturday, June 12, 2010

Simple Saturday - Shadowing

This technique was actually the second technique we did at our May Stamper's Groups. It's a pretty simple technique, but I really like the effect it has. We focused on masculine cards so I used the Extreme Guitar stamp - because what guy hasn't dreamed at some point or another that he was a rockstar! And I'm willing to bet that a few of us know a couple of guys that think they are rockstars ;)

For this technique you want to use a solid image - not line art - because it just won't show up the same and have the same effect. First you stamp the image in Whisper White Craft Ink on a coloured card stock. Let dry. Craft ink can take 10 or more minutes to dry and you want to make sure that it's completely dry before proceeding to the next step. I used my heat tool to dry mine so it was dry quickly. For the next step, you need to use your Stamp-a-ma-jig. Using the imaging sheet, line up your stamp image (so in my case, Mr. Rocker) just slightly off from the original image. I moved mine a little bit to the right. Remove imaging sheet, ink stamp in the colour of your card stock (the one stamped with your image) and stamp your image again. Stamping over the Whisper White ink with ink in the colour of the card stock gives your image a nice shadow!

For my background I used my Textured Lattice Embossing Folder (love the look of this folder - doesn't look too exciting in the Mini but it's one of my faves now!) to emboss my card stock, I punched out 6 squares and adhered with Dimensionals. I love this look and it makes for a fast, easy background :)

Hope this simple card gets your creative juices flowing and keep letting stamps bring out your creativity.






Love this project? Click here to shop Stampin' Up! with me now! (Canada only)

How did I make my card?

Stamp Sets: Extreme Guitar (115328), Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
Card Stock: Basic Grey (108692), Night of Navy (100867), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Basic Grey (109120), Whisper White Craft Ink (101731), Night of Navy (102977)
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-Jig (101049), Modern Label Punch (116630), 1-3/8" Square Punch (103375), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Big Shot (113439), Textured Lattice Embossing Folder (119976)

No comments: