Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fabric and Spinners

I've realized it's been almost a month since I posted!  Yikes.  I've been busy crafting and doing a bunch of other things.  I recently started a new blog too (dairyfreedairyfiend.blogspost.com), so now I need to manage writing both blogs :)

Last month, I did some fun projects with my stamper's groups. I've been getting lots of questions on Stampin' Up! fabrics and the spinner cards, so I decided to do both. For the fabric card, we used the Fun Flowers L die as well as the Sweet Stitches fabric. We also used the double-sided adhesive sheets from the Occasions Mini. We adhered the fabric, wrong-side down, to the adhesive sheets. Then we ran the whole thing through the Big Shot with the Fun Flowers die.

We also created a sweet ribbon with the fabric. A strip of 1" of fabric was cut and tied into a knot. Simple, but adds a lot to the card. We also put a Flower Brad through the center of the fabric flower, just to dress the card up a bit more.  I love the added texture that the fabric gives and I just adore the Fun Flowers die. The flowers layer so beautifully and open themselves to many different possibilities: cards, bookmarks, scrapbook pages, anything :)

Anyone who has received a card from me recently knows I LOVE the spinner cards!  I've given them to pretty much everyone and anyone that has had a birthday recently. And I will keep giving them :) They're so easy to put together, washer underneath the card, spinner hand and brad at the top. To make sure your spinner card spins, take your paper piercer and pull up under the game spinner hand and brad.

We also did a 'tie-dye' technique on the card. Using Glossy Paper, emboss your image (in this case, an image from the Take a Spin stamp set) in white. Spritz with water. Take Stampin' Reinkers and put a drop or two of 3 or 4 colors on a paper towel. With your Aquapainter, add color from the reinker to the spritzed image in different areas. Add another color. Re-spritz with water as needed and until you are happy with it. When dry, we punched it out with the 2-1/2" circle punch. The colors we used on this card were Cherry Cobbler, Tangerine Tango and Marina Mist.

 
I hope you've enjoyed these cards and keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!



p.s. Clearance rack items are on sale at 60% off and they added a whole bunch more! Take a look see!
http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=2031898

No comments: