Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Stamp-a-Stack Sneak Peak

It's Monday and my class is on Saturday - this Saturday April 9th. So I thought I should probably get cracking and plan these lovely cards. Luckily it's also Mojo Monday and I had a fabulous sketch to work off, the Mojo Monday 185 (pictured to the left).

Since I went to the Creative Escape Weekend Retreat this week-end and won a fabulous prize consisting of the Sweet Stitches DSP and Daffodil Delight Pom Pom Trim (and some other goodies), I wanted to use them in the card. I just love the colors in this DSP, so fresh and bright!  Instead of stamping with the Button, Button set, I punched buttons out of the DSP :)


Are you looking at the sentiment, wondering how I did that with the Modern label Punch? It's really easy! Everyone loves this punch, but there's no coordinating punch to make a mat, like with the oval and circle punches. I learned how to make an easy mat on Mary Fish's blog. Take your 'mat' and cut it in half. Adhere it to your top layer, as pictured below. You can make a vertical or horizontal mat, whatever you prefer :)



I love easy tricks like this. Stay tuned for more easy tricks in the next couple of weeks! Keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!


2 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

wow, is this the sweetest, so glad you played along with Mojo Monday...have a super weekend!

enjoy *~*

Monica Hornof said...

Thanks Teresa :)