Monday, April 18, 2011

Springtime Vintage Sympathy

Wow - it's been a long time since I posted. I really do want to post more, but I've just been so busy :) Today is Monday, which means another Mojo Monday Challenge. I really like the sketch this week, it lends itself beautifully to layering Stampin' Up!'s coordinating designer papers. Sadly, the card I needed to make today was a sympathy card - my friend's husband lost his 93-year-old grandmother over the week-end. Although this designer paper has spring-like colors in it, I don't think the card is too 'cheery' and helps convey my family's condolences to our friends.

I used the Fabulous Florets stamp set from the Summer Mini as well as the Springtime Vintage from the current Occasions Mini - so I used a little old and a little new for my card. On its own, the flower seemed a little plain so I added a bit of glass glitter in the middle and I like what it added to the card.

The sketch has stitching around the edges of some of the layers. As my customers can tell you, I don't stitch. I don't even particularly like paper piercing in that great a quantity. So I sponged the edges in Early Espresso. It didn't give the exact same effect, but close enough ;)  I used Teeny Tiny Wishes for the sentiment. It actually says "With Sympathy" but I wanted to use the Tiny Tags Punch so I simply punched out "Sympathy."


Finally, to make the card extra special, I decorated the envelope with coordinating Designer Series Paper. So easy to do! Cut a piece of DSP just slightly narrower than the envelope and about an inch longer than the lip of the envelope. Put Snail on the lip of the envelope and put in the DSP. Use your Paper Trimmers to trim the edges of the lip of the envelope.

Hope you've liked my card and keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: