Sunday, May 15, 2011

70th Birthday Card

Today is my Dad's 70th Birthday. For this very special milestone, I made him a very special card. I wanted something that was simple, but very special. And since my mom told me this is her favorite card that I've made, I think I did a good job :) (My dad, the very important birthday 'boy' liked it too!)


Although I typically make the standard A2 cards, this one is a 5-1/4" x 5-1/4" card. I wanted silver on my card, but didn't have any Brushed Silver card stock. So I pulled out a Designer Series Paper that I haven't used in a while, Presto Patterns. After cutting out a large scalloped square with my Big Shot, I used sponge daubers to apply Silver Shimmer Paint to the square.

Wondering how I put together the glittery numbers? It's easy peasy! I adhered the Multipurpose adhesive sheets to two small pieces of Basic Black card stock. I wanted the adhesive to face upwards, so I could adhere glitter to it. so I cut the numbers on the Big Shot with the adhesive face down. I have found that it's much easier to have the numbers in place before putting on the glitter, so I adhered them with dimensionals to the white circle. This way, I could just peel off the protective paper from the numbers and put glitter on both numbers. If you don't, it can be messy and odds are you'll take some of the adhesive off the numbers with your fingers.

You may also be looking through your SU! catalog for the ribbon I used. It is SU!, but it's retired. It's the Basic Grey Satin Ribbon, and I love it - I hope it comes back! I especially love it because it's got a 'silver' look to it.

That's it from me today :) I also made him a gift card holder, but I'll share that in the next day or two. Hope you enjoyed this project and keep letting stamps bring out your creativity :D


No comments: