Friday, May 27, 2011

My Very Underused Brads...

Yesterday's Pals Paper Arts Challenge asked us to use an element of style, brads, in our project. I must admit, though I love brads, when the adhesive rhinestone and pearls made their debut last year, I've been more likely to reach for them, rather than brads. Why? Well, simply put, I'm lazy :p  They're so easy, you just grab 'em, stick em on, and done.  But, there's something about brads. You can get them in different colors, you can get rhinestone brads and you can get flower brads. The adhesive jewels just don't do all that. So I'm glad I was 'told' to dust off my brads this week and rediscover my love for them :)

I still had to come up with a card for my Father's Day class, something simple enough for kiddies to do, but still elegant. I used the Best Dad Ever set in the Summer Mini as well as the Nautical Expedition DSP and Espresso Baker's Twine - both accessories are part of the class fee :)  To make it easy for the kiddies, I simply stamped the greeting on the card, but to make it less plain, I used brads to accentuate it, like a little label.


Don't the Pewter Brads just make the Happy Father's Day greeting stand out? I love it! And hope my stampers do to!  I still have two spots available - sing up at stampingmonica@gmail.com. We'll be making THIS lovely Father's Day frame. It's a great mom and me class or come on your own, you'll be in good company either way :)

Hope you're having a good stampin' day and keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

1 comment:

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Great Father's Day card! Love it! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.