Thursday, June 23, 2011

Broadsheet Alphabet Collage Teacher Gifts

My daughter started at a brand spankin' new school in February. So even though they have 'some' decor, they definitely need some more. She's just finished Junior Kindergarten and they do a lot of alphabet learning early on.

At a stamping event a few months ago, I saw a lovely alphabet collage using the Broadsheet Alphabet stamp set. I thought it would make a lovely gift for Anna's teacher and ECE teacher. Keep in mind she's in a French school, so some of the images may appear to be in the wrong spaces (like the owl in the 'H' spot, and octopus in the 'P' spot). I did an animal theme and a transportation mode theme.

 

Little hints:

*I did the collages on a 12x12 page. The base circles are 1-3/4" in diameter, and the circles with the letters are 1-3/8". All the base circles are embossed with the lattice embossing folder.
*All the letters and images are on Stampin' Dimensionals - this gives the collage a bit of a 3D effect.
*I anticipate that the collages will be hung on the classroom walls (I attached Early Espresso and Basic Gray Satin Ribbon to the hooks on both frames and tied a decorative bow at the top). So, to make sure it stands up I used Sticky Strip everywhere, except where I used the Dimensionals and on the buttons. I used Glue Dots to adhere the buttons.
*Want to see more pics of the projects?  Check out my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150205488557864.313594.137367652863


The teachers really liked the projects and I'm so glad - lots of time and effort went into them ;)  Keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: