Monday, July 4, 2011

Artistic Etchings Mojo

I know, I know - I just used this set on a recent Mojo Monday Challenge. But as I was going through the samples on my board today, removing the ones with retired sets, DSP and accessories, I realized I had removed all of my vintagey samples and samples using the Artistic Etchings stamp set.

This week's Mojo sketch lent itself perfectly to a vintage-looking card, using the First Edition DSP (now in the 2011/2012 IB&C) and some seam binding ribbon. I just love how Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, and Crumb Cake look good together.


Little hints:

*Love the 'ruffled ribbon' look? It's easy to do, especially with pliable ribbons such as the 3/8" Taffeta and Seam Binding ribbons. Just run a length of SNAIL adhesive where you want the ribbon, cut an extra long length that will allow the ruffles (I advise you to err on the side of caution and cut more than you think you'll need) and ruffle haphazardly. This technique is definitely not about minute details ;)
*Use Soft Suede ink to add a bit of vintage feel to your cards. I sponged the edges of the DSP, the Very Vanilla card stock with it. I also use the Color Spritzer Tool and Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker to spritz a bit of color on the card.
*Accidentally tear some card stock or DSP? No problem!  Incorporate it in the card ;) I accidentally tore the top right corner of the DSP when doing the ribbon ruffling. To make it look intentional I also tore the bottom left corner and sponged over it with Soft Suede ink. It just adds to the vintage feel!
*I love those Trinket Keys. I used Mini Glue Dots to adhere it to this card.
*Although Artistic Etchings is a great set for vintage cards, I'm impatiently waiting for my newest vintage stamp set to arrive - Established Elegance. I just love the type writer and the dress form ;)  See it in my Online Store.

How are you liking the new cattie? What are your favorites? I can't wait to have even more new sets and embellies to play with and show off to you!  For now, keep letting your current stamps bring out your creativity!

6 comments:

Patti D. said...

Love this card, Monica!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this bit of french country you've created here Monica...nice job!!!

Anonymous said...

Visiting from Mojo Monday Blog!
Your card is beautiful.
New follower.

Monica Hornof said...

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your comments :)

Rubies Crafts said...

Lovely Card

Your new follower
Ruby
http://handcraftedsimplybyus.blogspot.com

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

The shabby style of this just calls my name! Gorgeous card!