Thursday, July 28, 2011

Paper Piercing - with a Punch

Those who know me, know I'm a perfectionist. I like everything to be lined up just so, evenly spaced, etc. Which is why when I do any paper piercing (and it's not often) that I use Stampin' Up!'s Mat Pack to get evenly spaced holes. But even then, the holes aren't always the same size. So, I love to create 'holes' in paper with punches, such as the Scallop Dotted Ribbon Border Punch. No guesswork, just perfect pierced paper every time.

This week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge invited us to do paper piercing on our projects. I'll be honest, I didn't have time to come up with a card specifically for this challenge. Put I did use my favorite 'paper piercer' on a card for my Fast & Fabulous Monthly Card Class. I love it, the new Striped Embossing Folder is so much fun, and this stamp set, Sweets for the Sweet, is just too cute!  Create lollipops, pinwheels, little umbrellas and so much more for your 'sweet' ;)


Little Hints:

*My class goers were very concerned about having the lollipop sticks perfectly spaced, horizontally and vertically. Even though I tend to be a perfectionist, I reminded them that this is supposed to be a fun card and doesn't have to be perfect - mine isn't!

*The 1" Circle Punch coordinates perfectly with this stamp set making lollipop creation a breeze!
*The Scallop Ribbon Border Punch allows you to included pierced card stock without actual piercing and gives the appearance of ribbon when you don't have any (or just don't want to use it!).
*Don't you just love the Adhesive Jewels? Available in Rhinestones or Pearls, they a fast and economical way of embellishing your card!

Don't forget - if you want to have as much fun as me, our $119 Starter Kit deal is ending on July 31st!  Sign up today so you don't miss out!  Keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

2 comments:

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Very pretty card. Love the fun colors. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Becca said...

I like this, too - no need for perfectly straight lines, it's more fun when they are a little wonky on purpose! Less stress. :)