Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Christmas in August Mojo

I know... the challenge is called Mojo Monday. But I was on vacay 'til yesterday to beautiful Old Orchard Beach in Maine and Lincoln, New Hampshire. So although I'm a bit late this week, but I'm back at it.  Who knew I'd miss stamping so much?!?!

Whatever the sketch was, I knew I would make it work with the "A La Carte" stamp, Something for Christmas. It's a single stamp and is all you need to make a gorgeous card.  I did use a few other stamps, but that's just because of the sketch - it would've looked just fine with the stamp centered on the middle white strip. The minute I saw this stamp in the catalogue I knew that a) I had to have it, and b) I'd ink it up with my Stampin' Write Markers so that it's multicolored.


 Little Hints:

*Stampin' Write Markers contain the same ink as Stampin' Up! Ink Pads - use them to ink up your stamps in multiple colors.
*Consider using Whisper White as your card mat for a clean, fresh look. It's not done very often but it certainly make the gorgeous stamp art 'pop'.
*Love embossing? Love color? Use our new COLORED embossing powders to really make your images POP! Here I used Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder for the larger ornament on the right.

Looking to make your own Christmas cards but don't know when you'll have the time? Join me the 2nd last Friday of September, October and November - we'll be making 12 Christmas cards so by mid-November you'll have 36 cards ready to send to your loved ones!

Hope this starts you thinking about your Christmas stampin'! Keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!




1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Very nice...what pretty ornaments!