Friday, August 12, 2011

Wedding Dress from the Manhattan Flower

We found out that good friends of ours eloped over the July 1st long week-end. And by eloped, I mean eloped. They were married at a New Hampshire Lighthouse and it was them, their 18-month-old daughter and the Justice of the Peace. Truth be told, sounds like a FABULOUS wedding to me. Nice and simple. Focused on the happy couple and their happy little family :)

Of course I need to send them a card. I *wish* I could say that this was my idea, but it's not. I had recently seen this card at fellow demonstrator Amy Celona's Blog (though I believe the original idea was another fellow demonstrator's, Betty Button's - this is what we do - we CASE the things we like :) ) and was excited to find out I had a 'reason' to CASE it :) It's so easy, if you have the Manhattan Flowers Big Shot Embossing Folder and a pair of Paper Snips, you'll be good to go.


Curious where I get the Wedding Dress? Look at the embossing folder below... I've outlined the dress in it. Pretty cool, isn't it?


Tips & Tricks:

*To get around the fine corners, maker sure to use sharp-tipped scissors like Stampin' Up!'s Paper Snips.
*I wanted the main focus of this card to be on the dress, but I embossed the Whisper White mat with the Manhattan Flowers embossing folder because it was a little too plain on its own and I wanted to tie the two images together.
*I used Marina Mist for the rest of my card because I feel it perfectly highlights the oceanside lighthouse wedding this special couple had.
*Like how I created the mat for my Modern Label Punch?  See the tutorial.
*As always, a few adhesive rhinestones add a little classy 'bling' to this card.


That's all today ~ I just couldn't resist sharing this card and other demonstrators' ingenuity. Keep letting stamps (and embossing folders) bring out your creativity!


 

No comments: