Monday, September 19, 2011

Spice Cake Scrappin'

The Spice Cake DSP in the 2011 Holiday Mini is one of my favorite DSPs so far - and I've been stamping with Stampin' Up! for 4 years now! It's gorgeous, the patterns are beautiful - all 12 of them - and the colors in it are just fabulous! Combine it with the fall stamp set Gently Falling and no matter what you do, you'll have a gorgeous project!

On October 2nd, I'm excited to be using both of these products in my Fall / Hallowe'en Scrapbooking Class! But if I'm going to do this class, I had better prep the pages ;) For the first page, I used inspiration from the Mojo Monday sketch which is back after a two-week vacation (thank goodness!!!). As you see on my page below, I changed up the sketch a bit, added some details at the bottom, moved the element at the top left to the top right and omitted the oval to make room for my photo mat. But I think I'm pretty close to the original sketch.


I've also used the new Spice Cake Jumbo Designer Buttons on this page. Although I think that at 1-1/2" in diameter they pretty big for a card, I do think they're absolutely perfect for scrap pages.


Tips & Tricks:

*I created the illusion of leaves 'gently falling' I stamped crumb cake ink on crumb cake card stock. Love that tone-on-tone look! 
*Love the swirly DSP trim at the bottom? Cut out your own trim with the Bigz XL Tasteful Trim die.
*Dazzling Details is our new glitter glue-like embellishment. It looks lovely on the veins of leaves :)
*Like the way I curled the tips of the journaling tag? It was easy! I just used my bone folder to distress and curl the paper a bit.

Hope you've enjoyed this page and maybe you'll even join me on October 2nd. 'Til then, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: