Monday, October 10, 2011

Accordion Flower Mojo

I have loved these accordion flowers since I first saw them, but I've never had the guts to try them. Finally I did, and I LOVE the results! Especially on this Mojo Monday sketch. I don't know why I waited so long because now that I've made the accordion flower, I realize how easy it is and I will most definitely make more soon! Maybe I'll even try making the accordion flower wreath sometime in the near future! :)


Wondering how to make them? Cut a strip of 12" x 1" DSP (I used Holly Berry Bouquet in the Holiday Mini). You can make bigger flowers by cutting a wider strip of DSP and smaller flower by cutting narrower strips of DSP. Using your Simply Scored Scoring Tool, score your DSP every 1/4" along the whole 12" length. Fold the DSP like an accordion. Using Sticky Strip, stick the two ends together. Fold the flower in making a small circle in the middle and fanning out the outside and voila! You've got an accordion flower :)

Tips & Tricks:

*Wondering how to adhere your lovely accordion flower to your card? I used Crystal Effects, one of our strongest adhesives! You could also use Tombo Multipurpose or a glue gun. I also adhered the Real Red Designer Button with our Crystal Effects.
*I love the pizzazz our Red Glimmer Paper adds to any card. Even here, as a small accent, it adds so much.
*Wondering why I used a French greeting on my card? I have many francophone customers and as such I've acquired a few French stamp sets. Sometimes I like to use them on my cards to add a little je ne sais quoi :)

As you can see, I'm back to Christmas. We'll see what the future will bring ~ Fall, Christmas or Hallowe'en. Or maybe something springy :) 'Til then, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So beautiful! Love that accordion flower. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Patti D. said...

Very pretty!