Thursday, October 6, 2011

A BIG Congratulations!

Today is Election Day in Ontario. One of my friends is running for the Liberal MPP position in our riding. I've supported her throughout her campaign and she has done an absolutely amazing job! Our riding is historically very conservative, but I really hope that all of her hard hard work these past months pays off and she wins.

Whether she wins the seat in this riding or not, she should be congratulated! She has done an amazing job for us here for many years and I know she will continue to. She should be congratulated for her passion, for how much she cares about schools, health care, youth, seniors - everyone! And she should be congratulated for doing everything she possibly could to win. So using the colors in the Pals Paper Arts Challenge today ~ we were challenged to use Lucky Limeade, Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry ~ I made her this lovely 'Congratulations' card. I will send it to her regardless of the outcome today.


Tips & Tricks:
*What is more fun than ruffling In Color Ruffled Ribbon? Easy to do! Just adhere under your card stock on one side with tape or Snail, run a strip of Snail along the top side of your card stock, ruffle randomly, snip ribbon a bit longer when done and adhere to the back side again. Easy!
*I just love the embossed look but we don't have embossing powders in Rich Razzleberry or Pumpkin Pie. So I stamped in Classic ink on a scrap piece of card stock, covered the entire scrap with VersaMark, sprinkled it with Clear Embossing Powder and embossed with the Heat Tool. I then cut my flowers out and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.
*I just love the look of square cards and that they coordinate with our Medium Square Envelopes. The Scalloped Square from the die fits perfectly on this square card!

I hope my friend wins and enjoys this card regardless of whether she wins or not. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

2 comments:

scare_easy said...

This is such a happy card! I love the ribbon :)

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Gorgeous card. I LOVE the ribbon!!! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.