Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy Christmas, Mate!

When I first laid eyes on this stamp set a number of years ago, I fell in love with it. The surfin' Santa, candy cane koala and gift-giving kangaroo ~ so fun! Only problem? It was only available in Australia/New Zealand! Well, imagine my excitement when my brother-in-law fell in love with a wonderful woman in Australia, a woman whom I got hooked on stamping ;) So when she returned after a visit to Canada, I asked her to send me the stamps. And Happy Christmas, Mate was mine. All mine :)

Then, a few week's back, my favorite now-retired DSP, Tropical Oasis, showed up on the Clearance Rack and I was able to order myself another package :) For today's Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge I used both of these products ~ hope you don't like this card too much because it may be a bit hard to reproduce ;) I love the tropical feel, even though it's a Christmas card :)


Tips & Tricks: 
 
*Create photo corners of any size with any SU! Square Punch: 1", 1-1/4" or 1-3/8". Punch a triangular notch into a piece of card stock, move your punch up over the notch and create your photo corner. Easy peasy! No need for a separate punch :)
*Add a bit of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to Santa's beard to give it that silver-haired glimmer - nothing's better than a blinged up Santa.
*A Christmas card can be anything you want it to be :) Tropical paper with a surfing Santa fits the bill today!

Hope you loved my unconventional Christmas card. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

1 comment:

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

So cute!!! Fantastic colors! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.