Monday, October 3, 2011

Pretty Vintage Vogue

It feels like all I've been doing the last few weeks is Christmas and Hallowe'en projects. I did do a bright, cheery card last week but I feel like I've been ignoring the beautiful new 2011-2013 In Colors and had to pull them out again. As well as the gorgeous Ruffled In Color Ribbon. I also pulled out a stamp set that is beautiful, that I love, but tends to go ignored from time to time, Vintage Vogue.


The layout for my card was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday Challenge. It's a little out of my box with the angled ribbon and multiple different sized layers but I think I'll use it again! Aren't these colors just lovely and cheerful? Great for another dreary Ottawa day.

Tips & Tricks:
*Although the new Snowburst Embossing Folder is quite busy, it's perfect to add a bit of texture to an intermediate layer.
*Don't you just love the In Color Printed Brads? They're perfect for flower centers, accents and pretty much anything else!
*So many stampers are afraid to cut out images... why? I just don't get it! It adds so much when you can layer the gorgeous flowers and images. And even if you can't cut perfectly, your card will still look great. Look at my images - I'm certainly no excellent cutter... but were those the details you were looking at?
*Something was missing from this card. I thought of adding the Dazzling Details glitter glue onto the flowers but I didn't think it would look right. So I took out my too-often-ignored Vanilla Smooch Spritz and spritzed the finished product, including the ribbon! Love. It. Such a small touch, but adds so much :)


I really love how this card turned out - now I have to figure out who to give it to. I don't have any birthdays coming up! I'm sure I'll find someone special soon enough. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

3 comments:

Hayley Kew said...

Love your colour choices :) Beautiful!

scare_easy said...

Love this card! I'd never heard of the "smooch spritz", but it looks so pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow Monica what pretty colors! Love the big monogram letter too!