Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Cup of Thanks

You may have noticed I'm not posting as often. I would really love to post atleast 3 times a week, but with the holidays fast approaching, time is at a serious premium. I'm aiming for 1-2 times a week right now and hope to update my class list for the winter soon, too! Thanks for hanging in there with me :)

Today's Pals Paper Arts Challenge was a sketch challenge ~ my favourite type of challenge! I have been itching to try out my Tea Shoppe stamp set, another sneak peek from the Occasions Mini. I have recently become a very avid tea drinker but what I really loved about this set was the mug - it's so pretty! Look at the little flowers on it, which I strategically adorned with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. :)


I also used a new DSP ~ Sweet Shoppe. It is a specialty DSP with two embossed designs. The Wisteria Wonder Polka Dot paper has debossed polka dots :) It is so cute, so beautiful. A great variety of designs that work so well together and I love the idea of tea and cakes!


Tips & Tricks:

*Sometimes the right DSP can add a lot to your card. Even though the tea cup is the focal point of this card, the cake DSP adds a whole other element to the card.
*Love the ribbon? It's the new Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon.
*The Tea Shoppe stamp set comes with a myriad of lovely greetings, it's a great everyday stamp set :)
*Do you have trouble inking big stamp sets? Usually we put our ink pads on our work surface and ink our stamps by pushing them into the ink. For bigger stamps, try putting the stamp on your work surface upside down and pushing the ink pad down on the stamp.

Hope you've enjoyed this 'tea card'. I know atleast one person who will love it! You know who you are ;) 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: