Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy New Baby Trifold Shutter

Back from Leadership and ready to get posting :) I sent my sister and her husband a card and a little gift to welcome their new blue bundle of joy. She got her package today so I'll finally post the card I made ~ I didn't want to spoil the surprise!

I wanted to make something super special and I know my sister loves Trifold Shutter Cards (click on the link for directions :) ). She loves how fancy they look and how they're so easy to display. So I went in that direction.


I once again used the Beau Chateau DSP - I've made some girly cards with it, but the Marina Mist and Bashful Blue colors are perfect for a little boy.



You may be wondering where I got the greeting. It's from an old, retired (from 1997!) stamp set, Cuddles & Tickles. I bought it when I first got into stamping over 4 years ago and it's one I won't give up ~ it's just too perfect. The baby carriage is from a current stamp set though, Baby Bundle.

Tips & Tricks:

*Don't you just love the baby feet? Our new stamp set in the Spring Mini, Baby Prints, is very similar.
*I just love the baby booties and onesie in the Baby Bundle stamp set. Even if you don't like cutting images out, these ones are pretty easy to trim with you Paper Snips.
*When I have a lot of card stock showing on a fancy card, I like using textured card stock. It just adds that much needed detail :)
*I love the new buttons in the Twitterpated suite of products. Aren't they adorable?

Hope you've enjoyed this card and I hope my sister does too. I'll be back soon! 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: