Thursday, January 12, 2012

One Size Fits All

Didn't I get some good cardmaking news today :) My Yummy Birthday Card won me a 'Glamette' award from The Friday Mashup.Thanks for the award, was pretty excited to see that I got a nod :)

Now onto today's card...Do you ever wish you had a birthday card that you could customize for a men's, woman's or kids' birthday? Well, using this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, I came up with a solution! It's simple, as is this wonderful sketch! I love how classy Baja Breeze and Basic Grey look, and this color combination works for both men's and women's cards. Below is a men's or gender neutral card. Scroll down to see my feminine version.


Tips & Tricks:

*Want to make this card a bit more feminine? Punch out a flower with the Flower Triple Layer Punch and add it in the top left corner. I wanted a little bling, so I added a little rhinestone in the middle. A 1-minute addition makes it a totally different card :)
*I thought the new Satin Pleated Ribbon would be a little girly, but in the Baja Breeze, it totally works on a masculine card!
*I always do everything on a nice, straight line/angle. I decided to mix it up and turn the rectangle 45 degrees and make it a diamond.
*Have you checked out the Delightful Dozen stamp set? It debuted in the 2011/2012 IB&C and replaced the All Holidays stamp set that retired last year. I love how the birthday stamp can be the focal point for the card.


Sometimes, simple is best. I hope you've enjoyed this simple card. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Very nice classic card! Love your hints on how to "dress it up" for a lady :)

Tara Bourgoin said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the Friday Mashup win!! :)

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice, I love the pleated ribbon.

Jen Mitchell said...

Great card Monica! I like how you can make a subtle change like a flower and suddenly you have a whole different card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!