Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bright Blossoms Mojo

Still busy busy decluttering and cleaning. We're having our house painted in 1.5 weeks and then we're listing it for sale at the beginning of April so my days seem to be flying by. I must say, having the kids home during March Break is rather inconvenient. It really cuts into my stampin' time ;)

I was able to finally use my new Bright Blossoms stamp set. It's part of the Summer Smooches Suite of products, a sneak peek of the new catalogue. The stamp set as well as coordinating DSP, ribbon and other items will be available to order April 1 - April 30th. Of course as a demonstrator, I have the opportunity to *preorder* these items! Only one of the reasons I love being a demo. Try it out during Sale-a-Bration. The Starter Kit is only $150 during this promotion, no tax or shipping! (Canada Only). Check out more info here.


I don't have the new DSP yet (was supposed to come today and it's not here?!?! lol!) so I used the Beyond the Garden DSP instead. I thought it worked well. For my sketch inspiration, I used this week's Mojo Monday layout. I did move the bow to the other side - it just didn't work for me :p But other than that, I left the layout intact :) I love the simplicity of this stamp set, you can do so much with it!


Tips & Tricks:

*Although I stamped my images from Bright Blossoms in one color, this stamp set lends itself well to doing multicolored images using Stampin' Write Markers.
*I used the 1/4" Daffodil Delight Grosgrain Ribbon for my card. I looked at using a Taffeta, but it was too wide (3/8") and too narrow (1/8"). I love all the different ribbon widths SU! let us choose from.
*The colors for my card were inspired by the DSP: Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango and Pacific Point.

Hope this card has gotten you excited for the new stamps coming soon! I'm hoping to have my DSP soon and will be back next time with that... 'til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: