Monday, March 12, 2012

A Fabulous Floret

Wow - this decluttering business is making me too busy to stamp! Not good ;) But I did have a fantastic private stampin' class yesterday and I wanted to share one of this month's workshop cards. My hostess and her guests loved them and my hostess was very excited to walk off with $70 in FREE SU! product! Doesn't get much better than that :)

I used the Everyday Enchantment DSP on two of my workshop cards, so I thought I'd go in a totally different direction with this card. Also with spring just around the corner ~ it's so warm this week, I can feel it! ~ I wanted to do something that felt 'spring-y'. What's more spring-like than a beautiful Rich Razzleberry flower?


I haven't used Rich Razzleberry in much too long and I especially love it when it's combined with Old Olive.

Tips & Tricks:

*Want a look that is a bit different than the traditional bow? Tie a knot in the 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon. It won't take away from your card but will add that little something extra you may need.
*I love the Flower Garden Embossing Folder. Actually ANY embossing folder, lol! But I wanted to show the ladies at my stampin' parties how much the texture adds to a card. This folder coordinates so well with the Fabulous Florets stamp set.
*As much as I love punches, sometimes it's nice to show new stampers that you don't *need* every single tool right away. I precut small strips of card stock and let the ladies flag and tease it apart to give it more dimension.

Another quick post! I'll be sure to show you my third stampin' class card later on this month. If you want to make this card and two other fabulous cards, you can join my Fast & Fabulous Class on March 28th or book your own private party! Hope to stamp with you soon and 'til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity.

1 comment:

Tara Bourgoin said...

SO pretty!! Love the embossing.