Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Packed for a Birthday

I wanted to make another card for my Man Class that I will be holding on April 20th. I'm looking forward to this class because masculine cards are so hard to come by. So many stamp sets are feminine and it's the type of cards my customers struggle with the most.

I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge as inspiration for my card design. I did change it up a little and left only a little bit of the grey on the left side. But it's close :) I wanted to pack the Happy Birthday sentiment into this card, so I used the Delightful Dozen and Packed for Birthday stamps.


Tips & Tricks:
*Worried about coloring in stamps with a lot of line art? Spot color! Use those stamps and only color in a few images or certain elements on the stamp.
*I embossed the white strip of card stock with the Lattice Embossing Folder.
*Even though many of the Stampin' Up! stamps are feminine, you don't necessarily need big images on your masculine cards. The birthday stamp from Delightful Dozen is a perfect 'man' stamp. The cake just adds a bit of fun ;)

Hope you'll join me at my class! 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

No comments: