Sunday, April 29, 2012

Flowering Tea Cups

Yes, yes, you probably think I took another blogging break. But I didn't - promise! My computer went kaput and I wasn't able to update my blog easily off my iPad. So I took an unwanted break ;)  But now I'm back and ready to share this card from last week.

I'm going to miss the 2012 Occasions Mini. It has a lot of lovely stamp sets that I hope end up carrying over into the new catalogue. One of them is the Tea Shoppe stamp set. Yes, this stamp set again. But it's soooo pretty! :)


This card is based on a sketch from a 'new-to-me' card challenge site: The Paper Players. This card used lots of gorgeous retiring products as well as Occasions Mini 2012 products. Don't you just love the gorgeous Attic Boutique DSP as well as the Lace Ribbon Border Punch? I'm really going to miss that punch. Unfortunately I missed the Sketch Challenge window for this week because of my computer not working, but I thought this card was too pretty not to share ;)

Tips & Tricks:

*Love the flower? I used the Attic Boutique DSP as well as the Build-a-Blossom Punch. All the petals are individually punched out. I folded them in the center and then distressed them a bit with my bone folder to give them more dimension.
*I really love the patterned In Color Brads. So pretty :)
*I'm really going to miss the Lace Ribbon Border Punch. Get it now, while you can - it's on this year's Retiring Accessories List. I especially love layering ribbon over it.
*Aren't those tea cups sweet? I used my Soft Suede and Pool Party Stampin' Write Marker to color them and stamp. Just don't forget to 'huff' (i.e. breathe) on your stamp before stampin' when using markers to make sure the stamp is moist enough :)
*The flower on this card was quite a bit of work - not really a card class card ;) So I simplified it a bit using the Blossom Punch as well as the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.


Sorry again for my absence and 'til next time - tomorrow, promise! - keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!


1 comment:

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, love that flower.