Monday, May 28, 2012

Monochromatic Just Believe

Another little lag in my blog posts, but wow, was I sick! I don't remember being that sick in a long time and I'm still not 100%. But today I ate 3 meals, small meals, but 3 meals. And I was hungry! So I see that as progress. I also took the opportunity with my higher energy levels to do some stamping. Can you believe I hadn't stamped in a week?!?!? Craziness!

I don't often do monochromatic cards. Not sure why, guess it's just not my usual style. But going a bit out of my box is not a bad idea once in a while ;) This is just what the Dynamic Duos Challenge had me do: create a card with Bashful Blue and Marina Mist. And even though I didn't have time to enter my card into the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge last week, I did use their sketch because I loved it so much.



Tips & Tricks:

*I was excited to use the Beau Chateau DSP one more time before it retires! It has Marina Mist in which worked perfectly for my color challenge card :)
*I love Bashful Blue, but it's not too dark and was worried my gorgeous flower would show up. And then I realized that this is the perfect image for the Rock and Roll technique. I first stamped my card in Bashful Blue and rolled the edges in Marina Mist. I love how it makes the image POP!
*I added a bit of glitter to the flowers, as well as the grasses at the bottom. Love those Dazzling Diamonds.
*Do you have a hard time inking larger images properly? Can't get the ink on evenly and all over the stamp? Have no fear - Firm Foam Ink Pads will be here June 1st! SU! has changed their ink pads to a new material and holy smokes! What. A. Difference. Just tap your stamp on the pad and voila - perfectly inked stamps big and small! If you're in Ottawa, come and try them at my New Catalogue Event and BOGO Sale. Register here: http://monicasnewcattieparty.eventbrite.com.

I think I'm going to have to do this monochromatic look again sometime, I kinda like it ;) 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!


5 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love the different shades of blue on the stamped image. This is such a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Dynamic Duos.

Melissa said...

So pretty!! Love how you inked up the main image and your design is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us again this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

Kim S said...

I love rock 'n rolling and it's perfect here with your touch of glitter! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better, Monica! Being sick is no fun at all. Your card is so pretty! I love how you layered the colors on the main stamped image. So glad you joined us this week over at Dynamic Duos! :)

Marybeth said...

Wow love how you stamped this image and added so bling , love the layout as well. Glad you are feeling a bit better.