Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Love of DSP

I'm going to warn you right now, this is going to be a super short blog entry. My 6-year-old daughter and I have been struck down by a particularly nasty flu bug. We've barely left the bed in nearly 48 hours and have consumed very little of anything. I've been planning this blog post for a few days so I have the card all ready to go.


I used the sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping for my card design and lucky for me, they leave their challenges open for two weeks ;) I've been waiting for a sketch to show off the flower vase patterned DSP from Summer Smooches and this one was perfect. I love gorgeous DSP, and I especially love making it a focal point on my cards.

This sketch is a keeper, for sure! I did omit a sentiment, I couldn't figure out how to fit it in and I think the card looks fine without it.

Tips & Tricks:

*Love the butterfly? I used the Blossom Punch and coordinating Mixed Bunch stamp set. Then, I trimmed out the middle 'petals' to make a butterfly.
*I layered two butterflies to give the element even more dimension. To make sure the wings lift up well, I used Glue Dots to stick the two butterflies together.
*When I cut out the middle petals, it looked a bit 'rough'. I used a button in Tempting Turquoise to cover up the imperfections.

This card took me less than 10 minutes to make ~ that's *my* kind of card! So use that DSP, don't hoard it ;) And keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!


No comments: