Sunday, May 13, 2012

*New* In Color Birthday

I have some more product sneak peeks for you today :) I love sneak peeks, and hope you love them as much as I do! My first card is a birthday card for my dad who turns 71 on Tuesday. As part of my Sneak Peek products, I got a FREE bundle from SU! that included the Itty Bitty Banners and Make a Cake Stamp Set, as well as the Patio Party DSP. Love them all, especially all the contrasting patterns in the DSP. I thought it would look fantastic using the Herringbone Technique (see my tutorial). I love how it worked out.


The base color of my card is Summer Starfruit and the mat is Midnight Muse. I did the Happy Birthday greeting in Raspberry ripple. I must say, I think that's my fave new In Color :) And how do you like all the different patterns in the DSP?

Tips & Tricks:

*The Make a Cake stamp set is a two-step stampin' set. You can make a single tier cake, 3-tier cake and add some embellishments. Love sets that provide so much variety and so many options.
*Are you loving the Stitched 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon as much as I am? It's much easier to work with than I anticipated, too! Always a pleasant surprise.
*I again used the Bitty Banners Framelits for the greeting. So easy to use and gives a perfect little banner everytime!
*Though I often come up with my own cards and ideas, I use a lot of different websites for inspiration. I came across a new one, Clean & Simple Stamping. They have weekly sketch challenges using clean and simple sketches (what else ;) ). I used #189 for this card and made it a bit less simple with the herringbone pattern.

I hope my dad enjoys this card and that he has a great birthday. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!


No comments: