Sunday, July 15, 2012

Christmas and Hallowe'en - in July!

As Eastern Ontario roasts in this crazy heat wave, I've been playing with my new Holiday Mini Products. There are tonnes of awesome stamp sets as well as brand new accessories in this Mini. What's more, SU! has included more Framelits, Piercing Templates and Big Shot Dies. Awesome ~ it's like they're reading my mind ;)

So first we'll do Christmas. This card uses the new Ornament Keepsakes stamp set. I did use the 1-3/4" Circle Punch but for the ornament, but the Holiday Ornaments Framelits have been made to perfectly coordinate with all the ornaments. I say it all the time, but I love all the product coordination :)


I'm loving the Candlelight Christmas Specialty DSP. It has gorgeous colors (Real Red, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Lucky Limeade and others) as well as classic patterns. I was so excited to break into it and use it on this card! On Thursday July 19th, I'm doing my Christmas in July Class and I'm very excited for the ladies to do this card!

The second card I have for you today is a Hallowe'en card! The minute I saw the Googly Ghouls stamp set in the Mini, it screamed 'The kids will love it!' and 'What an awesome scrapbooking stamp set!'. What child doesn't love 'googly eyes'. Heck, *I* love googly eyes! The stamp set has images of a mummy, Frankenstein, a witch and two others. I did use the Retro Sketches #19 Challenge from last week for my card below.


Do you like the DSP? It's the new Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP. It will be perfect for scrapbooking too! Love the colors ~ Tangerine Tango, Basic Grey and More Mustard. And what about the ribbon? It's satin, it's striped and it's gorgeous! I'm still trying to figure out a way to work it into my Christmas cards. I really wish SU! did this ribbon in a Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler or something else Christmas-y. But I'll find a way to make it work.

Hope you've enjoyed these little sneak peaks. Like I said before, how can you *not* like the googly eyes??? lol! Stay tuned for more info on my scrapbooking class. There's also a sweet Hallowe'en treat kit in the Mini that coordinates with this stamp set... Lots of project ideas floating around in my head ;)

'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!




No comments: