Monday, July 2, 2012

A Stamp Set Truly Fitting Any Occasion

It's Monday and once again I'm only now getting around to posting my Sunday Stamps post... can I use the excuse of it being a (very busy) long week-end in Canada? Or maybe that my excitement over having earned the Stampin' Up! Grand Vacation to Fiji hasn't completely passed yet ;) Whatever the reason is, I'm late. But better late than never right?

This week at Sunday Stamps we have a sketch challenge. Anyone who's ready my blog knows I like a good sketch challenge. This week's sketch was fun, flexible and not too busy ~ just the way I like it!

When I first saw the A Fitting Occasion stamp set in the new catalogue, I was so excited. I really did fit any occasion and my class-goers could create whatever card they wanted. Although I love clear stamps, I ordered it in wood because of all the small stamps in the set. Also, this way my class-goers could just choose which stamps they wanted to use, without worrying about glass blocks, etc. I did this card at my card class last week. I had prepared a birthday card as well as a new baby card to show how easy it was to customize for *any* occasion.


The A Fitting Occasion stamp set (see all the teeny tiny, easily 'loseable' stamps? That's why I got it in wood):




Tips & Tricks:

*For my class, I brought out the whole A Fitting Occasion stamp set, the ink as well as all the punches that coordinate with the set. Each class-goer could make whatever card they wanted. And was there every a variety!
*For the card stock that has the scalloped edge, I embossed the card stock first and punched second. Otherwise the detail the punch creates could be destroyed.
*My scallop oval and modern labels looked like they were missing something... so I added some Rhinestone Jewels.
*All the little images fit perfectly in a 3/4" circle and all of the circular greetings fit perfectly in a 1" circle. I love how everything coordinates perfectly. Makes things so easy!
*Whatever the occasion, the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder is perfect!

I will be sending the baby card to my cousin and his wife who just welcomed their first child. And I'm sure I'll find someone for the bday card ;) 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!




No comments: