Thursday, August 9, 2012

Googly Ghouls Two-Tone Embossing

I'm back with the Googly Ghouls stamp set. Actually, today I wanted to show you one of the projects we will be making at the August Stamping Technique Club. If you haven't done heat embossing and you want to try it out, this is the class for you! You can also sign up for 6 consecutive classes and one of the months you'll enjoy a $40 shopping spree! I also have lots of other perks for club members. You can email me at stampingmonica@gmail.com if you have any questions. This is also the DSP that is featured with the Howl-o-ween Painter's Kit - A Starter Kit Special for August. Nearly $300 in product/materials for only $125 (tax and shipping included!). I hope you'll take a peek and think about being on my team :)

Onto my card. I used this week's Retro Sketches Challenge for my sketch inspiration. It's such a cute sketch and with the various cute images in Googly Ghouls it worked perfectly! I used my Large Oval Punch to punch out the mummy, witch and Frankenstein. Other than trimming a few little details off the sides, they fit well in the shape.

Tips & Tricks:
*Love the Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP as well as the Striped Satin Ribbon? They are part of my September Accessory Test Drive. Try out these as well as some other great accessories before committing to the whole package! Be sure to order yours before September 7th.
*I used both Black as well as Tangerine Tango Embossing Powder to give Frankenstein black pants and an orange shirt. I love this two-toned look! Hope you'll join me to learn it :)
*I wanted to use a different shape for the 'Boo' greeting to make it stand out. The 1-inch Circle Punch framed the first 3 letters of this greeting perfectly.
*What can I say about the Spider Web Embossing Folder. Love. It ;) (I say that a lot, don't I!)

Thanks for stickin' with me while I post a bit less. It is a very busy time for me. We're going a bit nuts trying to get everything ready and the kids are definitely reacting to the stress. Still haven't packed up all my stampin' stuff because I need that release, escape. I did choose my shelving system for my new studio though and I'm super excited. It's the Ikea Expedit system.  I can't wait to get them set up, and the flexibility of the doors, drawers, filing trays :) I'll be getting it in white though. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!






Card Recipe:
Stamps: Ghostly Ghouls
Ink: VersaMark
Paper: Basic Gray, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP
Accessories: Large Oval Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot, Spider Web Embossing Folder, Black Embossing Powder, Tangerine Tango Embossing Folder, Striped Satin Ribbon

No comments: