Monday, August 6, 2012

Vintage Postage

Before I start on today's card, I just wanted to let all my blog readers know that you may see a few less posts from me in the next two weeks or so. Next Friday, we take possession of our new home. This means a lot of packing, including all my stampin' stuff! EEEK! I'm doing it in phases. I've already packed all the things I know I won't use (retired DSP, extra ribbon, some stamps). But my inks, punches, accessories, card stock... they're all accessible. So I can stamp a bit longer. But I'm slowly running out of time and will have to pack soon. So I ask you to be patient with me, I'll be back to posting regularly soon. From my NEW STAMPIN' STUDIO :)

Now, onwards and upwards to today's card. This week, I was very excited to partake in the Friday Mashup Challenge. Their challenge for us this week was to
1) Make a project with a 'stick pin on it';
2) Make a 'vintage' project; or
3) Mash it up and make a 'vintage project with a stick pin on it'.

Vintage? FUN! I love vintage. With a pin? Even more FUN! Mainly because I've never done that before ;) And I do like to sew, so I have lots of pretty pins, perfect for a card.


My card base in this card is Pink Pirouette. But as usual, the color didn't photograph well. So frustrating, but I hope you get the idea. I've tried playing with all the functions in Photoshop and it clearly didn't work. :p

Tips & Tricks:

*Postage Due is such a fantastic vintage stamp set. I love the stamp images and the main image (even though I didn't use it here) as well. So many options with this set!
*The Fan Fair DSP is also great for any vintage project. Best of all it has some very feminine doily patterns, as well as more masculine patterns.
*Doesn't the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder look lovely with the Scallop Trim Punch and Fan Fair DSP? It's almost like they were made for each other!
*What do you think of my pin? It's not SU! because I pulled it out of my sewing kit ;) I just poked two holes in my card stock and threaded it through. It looked a bit plain though so I put a white Designer Button with Linen Thread on top of it.
*I contemplated tearing my card stock for a vintage feel, but I decided to tear it apart instead. I love how SU! card stock is solid right through and thick enough to do this.
*The Victoria Trim Crochet Ribbon is the perfect addition *any* vintage card :)

Hope you've enjoyed this card. I think I'll have to use the pin again! 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!






Card Recipe:
Stamps: Postage Due, Tea Shoppe
Ink: Soft Suede
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Fan Fair DSP
Accessories: Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Postage Stamp Punch, Scallop Trim Punch, Big Shot, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Neutrals Designer Buttons, Victoria Trim Crochet Ribbon, Linen Thread, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots,

2 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

That's a perfect stamp set for a vintage card! Love your pin behind the button. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Tara Bourgoin said...

Gorgeous, Monica! Love the colours and the pin tucked behind the button. And nothing says 'vintage' more than lace ;)