Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Little Pleating with Nursery Necessities

I'm really getting this out under the wire for the Friday Mashup Challenge. The challenge closes in less than 3 hours. But I'm getting this out there. I love pleating ribbon which was one part of the challenge. I also loved that the other part of their challenge was to make a baby card. I've been wanting to use the Nursery Necessities stamp set since I got it a 2 months ago. But I didn't have anyone to make a baby card for. Until now. My daughter's senior kindergarten teacher is expecting a baby in January and I'm so so excited for her! I also know she loves all my cards:


I also used this week's Freshly Made Sketch. It came at a good time for me because I *finally* found my brand new Scallop Edge Punch. I got it just before we moved and packed it away. Really well. ;) I did the same thing with my new Illuminate Watermark Ink Pad. But I found that too ;)

Tips & Tricks:

*Can't get your pleated ribbon to stay put? Especially the thicker grosgrains? Adhere a strip of Sticky Strip to your card and then pleat your ribbon. It'll keep it in place!
*The Illuminate Watermark Pad is so great. It's leaves a watermark on your card stock, but with a shimmer! I did try it on Pool Party too, but it had a much more subtle look so I opted for Island Indigo.
*My daughter's teacher is francophone so the greeting is in French. I have Teeny Tiny Wishes in both languages because Ottawa has so many bilingual and francophone residents :)


I hope my daughter's teacher loves the card. Now I've got to get ready for my big Studio Grand Opening on Friday :) 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!





Card Recipe:
Stamps: Nursery Necessities, Voeux Mignons
Paper: Whisper White, Pool Party, Island Indigo, In Color DSP
Ink: Illuminate Watermark Ink
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Word Window Punch, Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Big Shot, Polka Dot Embossing Folder

2 comments:

Amy White said...

Great colour combo that you've chosen - I can't wait to have a play with that Illuminate inkpad: looks like lots of fun! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashuo this week!

Monica Hornof said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Amy! The Illuminate ink pad *is* fun :)