Thursday, September 20, 2012

A 'Scentsational' Christmas

I've had the scented embossing powders (in Peppermint Sticks and Sugar and Spice) for a few weeks now. I just didn't get around to using them. Something about the summer being busy ;) I finally broke out my Peppermint Sticks embossing powder the other day. I had a Demonstrator meeting yesterday (a HUGE perk of being a demo - meeting, stamping and talking with wonderful ladies who love stampin' as much as me!) and committed to making swaps. And swaps were made :)


The sketch for this card came from this week's Retro Sketches Challenge. I changed it up a bit - my greeting is the third element at the bottom of the card and my bow is the little accessory on the ribbon. I absolutely love sketches like this. Clean, simple and they allow me to showcase a really gorgeous DSP (Candlelight Christmas from the Mini).

Tips & Tricks:

*Did you know that with our new Firm Foam Ink Pads you can emboss our Scented Embossing Powders without VersaMark? They leave images a bit more moist, so quickly sprinkle on that powder and emboss with the Heat Tool.
*The Candlelight Christmas DSP is what Christmas is all about. Gorgeous rich colors, snowflakes and stunning patterns.
*My hot cocoa mug image was stamped it with the Scentsational Season stamp set. Then I used the Holiday Collection Framelits to cut it out. So much easier than using my snips ;)
*I am LOVING the new More Merry Messages. I was really sad to see Many Merry Messages retire, but I've forgotten all about it. lol!

I hope the ladies I swapped with last night enjoyed this card. Atleast it smelled delightful ;) 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!






Card Recipe:
Stamps: Scentsational Season, More Merry Messages
Card Stock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Candlelight Christmas Specialty DSP
Ink: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Cherry cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Big Shot, Holiday Collection Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

Safdar Ali said...

What a cute Christmas card...so creative design.. I have worked for the Print VIP cards company and this design inspire me so much. I would like to try once to design like this, if you don't mind. I appreciate this.

Monica Hornof said...

Glad you like my card Sweet Fairy - I would love to see what you come up with using my card as inspiration :)