Monday, September 3, 2012

Beautiful Papillons

I'm so excited, my studio is pretty well ready for my Grand Opening on Friday! I did some stenciling on the walls today (with retired Decor Elements stencils), hung my Dasher picture (using the retired Hostess Decor Element), and set up another Expedit shelf in the corner. Looks much better than the plastic organizer I had there before :) I bought three folding tables yesterday, though I need one more. And I have chairs. So bring it on, I'm ready to stamp with you!

Today I have another Sunday Stamps post for you. Yes, I'm very aware it's Monday. But with the long week-end, I got totally confused on days. And I've barely been on the computer! We had a lovely color challenge from Tara (Can't Stamp the Rain). We were challenged to use Sahara Sand, Lucky Limeade and Wisteria Wonder. The last two were easy for me to use. But Sahara Sand? The only card stock that I have in that color is from a multi-colored package of card stock that I bought when I first joined SU! over 4-1/2 years ago! And I don't even have the ink... I much prefer Crumb Cake ;) But I love how it turned out and may have to acquire more of this color:


Tips & Tricks:
*I really had butterflies on the mind when I made this card and loved how fabulously the Papillon Potpourri stamp set paired with the Bigz Beautiful Butterflies die.
*I love the Delicate Designs Embossing Folders for borders. They do leave a little outline on the card stock where the embossing folder ends (it's only about an inch wide) so I covered it up with some 3/8" White Taffeta Ribbon.
*The Papillon Potpourri stamp set coordinates with the Elegant Butterfly Punch. Which means easy cutting, no scissors :)
*Like the greeting? It's from the Memorable Moments stamp set.

I didn't get a chance to take updated pictures of my studio, but I will tomorrow! I still need to sort out a make and take for Friday, too. Talk about cutting it close ;)

'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!






Card Recipe:
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Memorable Moments
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Sahara Sand, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Elegant Butterfly Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Oval Punch, 3/8" Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Big Shot, Bigz Beautiful Butterflies Die, Delicate Designs Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

Tara Bourgoin said...

Oh, the battle of Sahara Sand vs. Crumb Cake ;) I LOVE this card - that big butterfly in the background is gorgeous.

Hayley Kew said...

Beautiful card Monica! I keep forgetting I have the Bigz Beautiful Butterfly die... I am going to have to break it out some more :)