Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Pretty Petites Birthday

I had ordered the Petite Curly Label Punch with my Spring Mini/SAB preorder (one of the perks of being a Demonstrator!) but didn't get the Pretty Petites coordinating stamp set until recently. When it came, I knew I had to break them out and use them together. Both of these items are Sale-a-Bration items, FREE with any order of $60 or more!


I based my card on this week's Sunday Stamps sketch. Of course I changed it up a big, but it's pretty close ;) I am loving the Poetry Prints Designer Paper Stack. There are some really girly papers in there, but there are some fabulous masculine papers there too! And this card fits the bill for a good men's card, I think.

Tips & Tricks:

*Even though there are fewer images suitable for masculine cards, you can use Designer Papers to fill the void! I like DSPs that have both masculine and feminine patterns.


*I am loving the new Large Basic Jewels. They are so easy to use instead of a button or brad. And much more cost effective ;)
*I didn't adhere the Linen Thread for the banner to the card. I just mounted my punched out images to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and made sure that the Dimensionals covered the Linen Thread, holding it in place.

We will be making this card at my next Fast & Fabulous Card Class on Wednesday February 27th. Hope you'll be able to join us. 'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

Monica
Shop Stampin' Up! Online 24/7  


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Pretty Petites (SAB)
Card Stock: Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla, Poetry Prints DSP Stack
Ink: Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit
Accessories: Linen Thread, Petite Curly Label Punch, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Large Basic Rhinestones - Jewels

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your take on this week's sketch Monica. Midnight Muse is easily one of my favourite colours at the moment and you totally rocked it! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again :)

jjcreations said...

Yeah Monica - I love the little banner. Great take on the sketch. Glad you played along with us at Sunday Stamps.

Hofkissed said...

I love, love, love this card! So much so I think I will have to CASE it! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Sunday Stamps! Hope you'll join us again.

Tara Bourgoin said...

Love the Print Poetry panel and the cute banner - What a great idea for that set! Really happy you shared with us at Sunday Stamps :)

Monica Hornof said...

Thanks for the feedback ladies! Glad to have participated with this lovely sketch :)