Monday, February 11, 2013

More Valentines with Spring Sampler

I'm going to keep this post short & sweet! My family has been sick for the last two weeks and it looks like my body is (finally) succumbing as well :( I was hoping I was super-immune, but apparently not. I shouldn't be surprised though... in our house in less than two weeks we've had the flu (yes, the REAL flu), croup (2x), horrible colds, gastro (2x). So I suppose I was due.

Today's cards are 3 others that I did for my Mom and Me Valentine's Class last week. This was such a fun class! The girls were all fantastic little stampers and we had a ball. I was impressed how efficiently we all worked. I'm looking forward to doing it again.

I incorporated the Pals Paper Arts Challenge in my cards, but especially this one below. The challenge was to use Primrose Petals, Real Red and Pool Party in our card. I think I accomplished that pretty well in the card below.


How cute is that little frog? I also couldn't resist using some of the Silver Glimmer Paper for one of my flags. It's just so sparkly :) I'm still loving that Stitched In Color Ribbon, too!

On my next card, I allowed the girls (and moms) to choose from a variety of images. It was easy with the Spring Sampler stamp set. They could make the cards a bit more girly, or more boyish if desired. I love this simple layout - it's one of my go-to's.

And how about that ribbon? It's from the Sale-a-Bration Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack. You get one Sale-a-bration item for every $60 you spend and this pack has 15 yards of ribbon and 24 gorgeous buttons - each in three colors!


Finally, I decided to use my Hearts Embosslit for my last card. It's a bit embarrassing, but I haven't actually used this embosslit yet. So I broke it out for this super simple but super cute card. And yes, I couldn't resist using more of that Silver Glimmer Paper ;)


What's great about these cards is that you can use them all as something other than Valentine's cards. Sure they have hearts - but I like to tell my friends and family that I love them with a few hearts pretty often ;)

'Til next time, keep letting stamps bring out your creativity!

Monica
Shop Stampin' Up! Online 24/7  


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Spring Sampler, Tiny Tags, Oh, Hello, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Pool Party, Primrose Petals, Whisper White, Real Red, Very Vanilla, More Amore DSP, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Pool Party, Real Red
Accessories: Notecards & Envelopes, 1" Square Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch, Pool Party Sycamore Street SAB Ribbon, Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon, Big Shot, Hearts Embosslit, Basic Jewels - Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

Nina Dee said...

What fun you've been having with this DSP! Great cards! :) Thanks for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts!

Patti MacLeith said...

The little froggie card is my fav! Thank you for playing at PPA!

Sandie Conner said...

I love those flags, and that bit of silver glimmer paper adds some cute sparkle. Love it! Thanks for having fun with the Pals this week!